Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Keepin' Busy



What's up everybody!! We are coming to the end of day three here at home and I am totally loving it! I get to hang with Daddy and Mimi way more than I ever did at the RCNIC. They are even here at 3 in the morning when I get up to eat (I'll touch on that a bit later). Also, I have all kinds of cool things here to play with and a ton of books for people to read to me. For being here for only three days, we have been super busy.


Yesterday (Tuesday) was a lot of fun because Mimi, Daddy and I went on our first field trip to return some things to Babies-R-Us so we could exchange them for this wicked cool swing. You are probably thinking, how cool can one baby swing be. Answer, really cool. It has six different speeds (although I am not allowed to go past Level 2), it hooks up to Daddy's iPod, plays nature sounds, and swings in three different directions. They had one at the RCNIC and I liked it so much that Daddy decided to get one for me. I didn't see the swing until we got home because, as you know, car rides make for a great napping opportunity. So, I didn't actually see anything in the store because I was still zonked out. Man, I even missed it when an older gentlemen saw me and said I was "born to shop". Man, Mimi laid the smack down in a hurry and said "Oh no she wasn't." Daddy said it was really funny because that is exactly what Mommy would have said. You see, Mommy and Daddy don't want to be about having "stuff" and always thought that shopping just to shop is pretty silly.


Once we got home, we hung out and Daddy started straightening out the house and assembling my swing. He said that it was a piece of cake to set up and I totally love laying in it and swinging. Oh yea, I met my first outside of the hospital friend on Tuesday too!! Gwynn came over with her mommy, Alison, and I got to snuggle with Alison for a long time while Daddy played with Gwynn. Daddy says that when I get older that I will get to play with Gwynn too but I have to get bigger first. I can't wait because I think that Gwynn and I are gonna be BFF(s) for a long time. Later in the day, Papau and Grandma and Poppy came over for dinner and to see me. It sure is exhausting having all these visitors. I just go to sleep if I get too tuckered out. All my naps are making Daddy and Mimi think that I have my days and nights mixed up because I like to stay up from 3-5 in the morning. So, I guess we will be working on sleeping better at night between my feeds.


Today was busy too. I had my doctor's appointment at my pediatrician's office and it went really well. I am growing like crazy! I weighed in today at 7lbs 14oz and Dr. Fix was really happy with how strong I am. Of course, this came as no suprise to Daddy or me but it's great to know anyway. After we got back from the doc's office I took a nice nap and then Grandma and Aunt Katie came by to hang out. Well, I can tell you this, I caught a great nap in their arms.


I also got mail today!! I got a really nice letter from one of my mommy's nurses that helped deliver me and then I also got an awesome hand made card from one of Mimi's friend's sons. It said for me to get better and if my doctor's appointment is indication, I am getting better and stronger. So, thanks Tyler for the awesome card. I love it!!


One of Daddy's BFF(s) (Uncle MJ) came by for dinner with his wife, Julie (with baby on board) and gave me all kinds of loving. Man, I could sleep for ever on Uncle MJ's chest. But not Aunt Julie's. Man, that kid can really kick like crazy. I was laying all nice and cozy with Julie and the WHAM. It didn't hurt but startled me and Julie. Everybody got a good laugh out of it.


To close the night out, Mimi gave me a massage. I like massages and they really relax me. In fact, I think I will go take another nap. Daddy is hoping this doesn't mean a 3am party at my crib. Thanks to everyone for keepin' in touch, I'll blog to you soon.


Love Always, Lily


3 comments:

  1. Lily -
    Congratulations you are home! Now on to the business and fun of growing up and meeting all your cousins and having fun and leaning and all kinds of other stuff. It can be a beautiful world out here. Enjoy. Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily,

    I am so proud of you!!! You are an amazing little girl and everyone around you exudes so much happiness the minute they lay eyes on you as well. We love you so much that it hurts. Your daddy is incredible and he is so glad to have you home now. Tucker is currently coming home right now too and I'm sure that he is also falling deeply in love with you - who wouldn't? Keep making people smile!!! You will be good at that, just like your mommy :)

    P.S. You have the BEST family ever!!! Mimi is also absolutely incredible, as well as all those that surround you. You have touched so many lives already and you've only been around for a few months :) Your life is sooo good and it will only get better! Keep working hard at being precious!!!

    I love you so much...XOXOXOXO,
    Alison, Mike, and Gwyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lily,

    I just read the newspaper article about you in the Enquirer. You're a star! The paparazzi did a great job with their picture taking. Congrats about your article and I hope you are enjoying a nice relaxing weekend at home.

    Love, Jenn

    ReplyDelete