Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Am A Big Girl Now




Hello every body!! I hope everything is going as well for you as things are going for me. I have been really busy this week. For starters, they took away my isolette/incubator and hooked me up with a big girl crib. I love being out in the open air and it makes it much easier for mom and dad to lean over and give me kisses.

I am also gaining bunches of weight and am now over 3 pounds (3lbs 1oz to be exact). That stuff that they add to mommy's milk is really working. Mom and dad say my only job is to eat, sleep, poop and get fat. So, I will continue working on that.

The nurses also stopped my caffeine treatments and I have been doing really good on my own. I have had a few dips, but nothing to be too concerned about. They say that I should be growing out of them in the next week or so. After all, I am 33 weeks on Friday. Yeah!!

I spend a lot of my time awake and looking around my area. I have a bulletin board with pictures and cards that people have sent me. Thanks! There are a lot of horns and interesting sounds that come from other kids' areas. Mom and Dad tell me that home is really quiet and that I am going to love how peaceful it is there. They say that Tucker barks every once in a while but it is only to protect us.
It should not be too much longer and I will be moving in with my parents. Next week I am supposed to start using a bottle and practicing coordinating my suck, swallow and breathing. Once I get that down, it won't be too much longer before I can nurse.
Well, that's about it for now. Blog with you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment