Wednesday, March 4, 2009

So Close

Hey everybody!! Man, I was soo close to getting to come home. I was supposed to come home on Tuesday but after the nurses laid me down after lunch I ended up spitting up some of my formula and it got caught in the back of my throat where I couldn't get it out on my own. Not to worry, the nurses used the suction thingy and I was able to breathe better. What happened was that I was bearing down to, you know...go, and I accidentally pushed the formula the wrong way. The doctors don't think that it is anything to worry about. I just have to be sure to let out a lot of good burps during and after my feeds before I can lay down. I think I can do that. My little spit up cost me a few extra days in the NICU which is fine with me because I really love my nurses. They are the awesomest!! So, Daddy says that I probably can come home Saturday if I can keep my lunch down between here and there.
So, after my little spell Daddy came down to the NICU and spent the WHOLE day with me. We even got to Kangaroo for 2 hours which, as you know, is one of our favorite things to do. Mimi McHugh was also here so that was a lot of fun too.
Today Mimi Cameron and Aunt Libby (aka "Gribby") came to see me for a little bit. Mimi Cameron fed me and changed my diaper. Only thing was, I wasn't done going and I ended up making a real mess. Ooops!! And then Mimi McHugh came and when she was changing my diaper....Yup, you guessed it. I did it again and it got everywhere...Hehe...So, I guess I don't have to tell you that my problem with going isn't so much of a problem at the moment. The nurses think it was my way of saying "I don't really like this outfit. I need a new one". So, everytime I made a mess, they gave me a new, cute outfit. Pretty sweet.
I am eating big amounts of formula. I average 40mLs per feed. All this eating wipes me out. Daddy says it reminds him of Thanksgiving. I wake up, eat a bunch of great food, burp, pass out for a couple hours, wake up and pig out again and then back to sleep for me. Life sure is good for a baby girl.
Daddy came to see me tonight and we hung out for a little while. He read me a great book about Little Nutbrown Hare called "Guess How Much I Love You". I really like this book. It is about a little Hare (Daddy says it's like a bunny rabbit) who wants to impress his daddy with how much he loves him, but his daddy always says he loves him more. Daddy calls Big Nutbrown Hare a "one-upper". Everything that Little Nutbrown Hare says about how much he loves Big Nutbrown Hare, his dad always loves him just a little more. I don't know about that but I do know I really like when daddy reads me my goodnight stories. Daddy tells me all the time about how mommy loved to read to kids and that she made different voices for all the characters. He tries to do it but says he is no where close to as good as mommy was at making goofy voices. Practice makes perfect.
I weighed 4lbs 10oz tonight. Daddy says it's hard to gain a ton of weight when you are as "regular" as I am. Oh well. I am still getting bigger.
Well, that's about it. Stay tuned. You guys are the best.
Love to All, Lily


6 comments:

  1. LILY YOU ARE AWESOME I WOULD LOVE TO SEND YOU A GIFT MAYBE ANOTHER CUTE OUTFIT OR SOMETHING. IT IS SO AWESOME THAT YOUR DOING SO GREAT. YOU ARE THE BEST LITTLE GIRL I KNOW I HOPE AND PRAY THAT YOU CONTINUE TO DO AS WELL AS YOU ARE. AND I CAN'T WAIT TILL YOU GET HOME. MUCH LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily, you are a funny little girl. Making your grandmas work like that already :)

    Once I start feeling better, I can't wait to visit you again. I miss you and look forward to seeing in person how much you've grown since the last time I visited you a week and a half ago! I'm staying updated with pictures from your family...

    Your daddy is right, life is good!

    I love you, Lily!!! Keep up the great work!

    XOXOXOXO,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Lily, our little Becca had the same issue. Pooping really is hard work that messes up the other hard work of keeping your food down, right? Now that she's big, she's got no problem with it, and I know you'll outgrow it soon, too. I'm so excited that you're so close to going home! We'll be thinking of you and your daddy as you get closer and closer and then finally make the big transition. Keep up the sleeping, eating, and pooping routine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the great work Lily! I know your Mommy is so proud of you big girl! We love you and we are praying for lots of empty bottles and dirty diapers! We can't wait to hear all about your homecoming! Tell your Daddy to give you an extra kiss from the Stachlers.
    With love, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news little one! Keep eating and pooping and sleeping and getting stronger and bigger.. we want to come meet you when you can have visitors..

    I love the pics of you and your daddy, you will have a special bond like no other dear one...

    Love and prayers and {{{{HUGS}}}} for you both!!

    The Kellers

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love you Lilly! Way to go your almost home! You take a great picture!
    Love,
    Mandy, Allan, Haven and Maya Griffin

    ReplyDelete