Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day






Hey everybody and Happy Mother's Day to all you Mamas out there! Big ups to you for all the sacrifices you make so that your children are taken care of. You totally deserve a day that's all about you!! Lets be honest after all, the other 364 days (365 for a leap year) are ALL about us.


Busy, busy weekend for us. Poppy and Grandma watched me all morning on Saturday while Mimi and Daddy went to Big E's graduation. Big E is my uncle Ian and he is ginormous. I thought Daddy was tall but Big E like scrapes his head on the ceiling. I think I am the size of his foot. Anyway, he graduated college this weekend and Daddy says it's time for him to come home and join the real world. I am excited that he is coming home because it means that I will be able to hang with him all the time because he and Daddy are super close. So, welcome home Big E and congratulations on your accomplishment.


My Florida Papaw came by in the afternoon Saturday and stayed until late in the night. He hasn't seen me since Mommy made her trip to heaven and he was blown away at what a big girl that I have become. We got to snuggle for what seemed like hours while he and Daddy caught up. Daddy even took a cheap shot and teased Papaw about me already having more hair then him. Maybe Papaw needs to borrow some of my protein stuff. That seems to be doing the trick for me. Anyway, it was awesome getting to see him and I look forward to hanging with him some more before he heads back to Florida.


Daddy and I had a really busy day today. After Daddy and Mimi got home from church this morning, Daddy and I made a trip to go sit at Mommy's gravesite. This was the first time that Daddy and I went there together and the cemetery was very old and pretty with all the leaves on the trees. He said that we are going to visit Mommy pretty regularly and especially on days like today. Daddy said it's nice to have a place to just go sit and talk to God or Mommy about the stuff that is going on with me and just how he is doing in general. We even brought Mommy lillies because that is the kind of flower Daddy always gets her. Hey, bet you can't guess where I got my name. Anyway, we sat with Mommy for a little bit until Daddy said his bottom was wet from the ground. He called it "swamp-butt" and said that I could probably relate. Not sure what that means. As you know, I have got the best Mommy in the whole wide world and if you are reading this, Mommy, I love and miss you very much and hope you had a great Mother's Day up there in Heaven. I'll see you in my dreams.


This afternoon I got to meet my cousins Tyler, Paige and Hunter. Man, they are awesome! A little crazy, but really cool at the same time. I can tell that we are gonna have some awesome good times together as I get bigger. Daddy says that when I get older that Tyler and Hunter can take me adventuring for bugs and stuff in the woods behind our house and that Paige is gonna be the bestest dress-up partner ever. She is sooo pretty and her hair is really long just like a princess. And guess what, Tyler even read to me. I was passed out in my swing but he is a really good story reader. He read me "The Little Engine That Could" What a great book! Totally relaxed me to the max.


Well, I am super tired from all the craziness and need to get my sleep. I hope that all you mom's out there had a great day and that your kids let you know how much they love you. Keep on checkin' in and we'll blog again real soon. Love you tons, Lily


5 comments:

  1. Lily,

    Tell your dad that he amazes me. You are one fortunate little girl to have such a great father. I know that your mom is constantly watching over the two of you.

    Dorothy Thompson
    Aunt Cyndis Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. LILLY I AM SO VERY PROUD OF YOU, I WOULD LOVE TO COME SEE YOU AND FINALLY MEET YOU IF IT WOULD BE OK..PLEASE EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW,JDGIRL0702@YAHOO.COM, I WOULD LOVE TO MEET MY INSPIRATION TO KEEP GOING EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE OBSTACLES YOU KEPT ON FIGHTING I AM SURE YOUR MOMMY WOULD BE REALLY SUPER PROUD OF YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lily,
    I am so glad to hear how amazingly wonderful you are doing. I want to tell you that your daddy is right, your mommy was one of the best people I ever had the pleasure of knowing. She had an amazing spirit that was reflected in everything she did and everyone she encountered. I know that there is not one person in this world, who met your mom, and wasn't touched forever. I know that she is watching you always and will continue to do so forever. Remember that when it rains, she's crying happiness for you, and every time you feel the wind on your face, she's blowing you kisses! Catch them, and treasure them, for one day you will be able to return your own to her.
    Enjoy the time you spend with her in your dreams.
    May God continue to bless you and your daddy.
    With all of my love and prayers,
    Shannon Crawford

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lily,

    You are truly blessed! You have an amazing daddy, and a mommy who is your forever angel! She is the best mommy ever, and a wonderful person. She touched so many lives and hearts! She will never be forgotten.

    We are so thrilled you are growing every day and becoming a beautiful little girl! You have been a fighter from the start. Your daddy better get ready for the teenage years....he will need much energy :)

    With lots of love,
    Sandy, Jessica, Clyde and Austin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lily,

    I was just reading this week's People Magazine and there is an article that reminded me of you. It shows some kids who are now in their early 20s who were born under 2 pounds. They have all grown up to graduate high school and be successful. I know that in 20 years, we'll be reading about you and your success.

    You amaze and inspire me. So does your daddy. He is super dad!

    Jenn Stacey

    ReplyDelete