Tuesday, January 27, 2009

SAY NO TO SNOW



Well, today a snow and ice storm kept mom and dad from being able to come and see me. That was pretty sad but my mimi was able to come earlier in the day and deliver mommy's milk for my meals. She told me what was going on and even got to hold me for a little bit. My daddy calls my nurse all the time to get updates and I know he and mom would be here if they could.

So I have been really busy over the last couple of days. I have gained some weight and am tipping the scales at a whopping 2lbs 10oz. They have started adding calories to my food and it is supposed to help me grow and get stronger. Both my Mimi Cameron and Mimi McHugh got to hold me. And my Aunt Alison held me too. They are naturals and I love them soo much!

The doctors continue to be pleased with my progress and watch me pretty closely. The nurses are soo nice. The only problem that I have had so far is that I have what the doctors call apnea and bradycardia occurrences. This happens because I forget to breathe and my heart rate drops. This is normal for babies my age and they started giving me a little caffeine to stop them from happening. They just add it to my food. Daddy calls it "Lily's Latte". So far, this stuff is great and I really haven't had any more dips. My doctors and nurses say that most preemies stop having the brady stuff at about 33weeks so I have about 2 more weeks before these should be behind me.

Other than that, I am just hanging out in my crib (isolette). I rest a lot and when I am awake I look around to see what is going on. I love to smile when my parents talk to me and I can not wait to see them. The snow and ice need to go away. Well, stay tuned. Thank you for all your continued prayers. Love you!!





1 comment:

  1. I LOVED every second of the time that I shared with you Lily! You are one spectacular little girl and I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete